Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Oshkosh/OnSpeed

General building discussions, not model specific.
voltar

Oshkosh/OnSpeed

Post by voltar » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:34 am

I am a member of the OnSpeed team [The on Canadian on the Team] that has developed a sophisticated new energy management system for aircraft, based on the F4-Phantom fighter jet's system. Most of the work has been done by USAF pilots who wanted a similar system for their personal aircraft and to establish the technology in new factory-build aircraft (Slings).

My contribution was the development of the visual display system that provides a indication of energy/AOA. That project morphed into a complete family of open-source programmable EFIS displays, available from MakerPlane.

Recently, the lead test pilot for OnSpeed experienced an engine failure during flight testing of the system. He used the system to successfully execute a deadstick landing, with no damage to machine or pilot.

We have just been notified that we are finalists for the Founders Innovation Grand Prize at Oshkosh Airventure 2021.

I am installing a complete OnSpeed system, which will also serve as a back-up ADAHRS. My purpose is to establish precise energy control for STOL operations, but obviously manoeuvring flight is also covered by the system. My expectation is that this equipment will eventually be obsoleted as the technology is absorbed into commercial EFIS systems. That would be a good thing.

So my call to action is for those attending 'kosh: Please go to the presentations for the Innovation Prize. Not just for OnSpeed, but for the competing entries as well. Real safety improvements from these pioneers will eventually become standard features in EFIS systems. The winner will get a monetary prize, to be used to continue developing the technology (non-profit organizations only).

Thanks, Vern
vx-aviation.com or huvver.tech

https://eaabuilderslog.org/showmy.php?p ... _1221.jpeg
V=====V
V===V
V=V
V

jandersen

Re: Oshkosh/OnSpeed

Post by jandersen » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 am

Was there, Vac killed it! Congrats! I have an OnSpeed in my Moose and hope to get it calibrated in the coming months