Considering selling my Rebel kit and floats

General building discussions, not model specific.
WWhunter

Considering selling my Rebel kit and floats

Post by WWhunter » Mon May 06, 2013 6:59 pm

It is with a sad heart that I am even contemplating this but I think it is inevitable, I need to make up my mind to sell my Rebel stuff. Due to a medical issue that has gotten exceeding worse in the last few years I highly doubt I will ever be able to finish the build I have started. The bad days seem to number more than the good days and bending over/working at a workbench is NOT what I should be doing.:(

I have the Rebel kit with most options, actually I think I have all the options other than the split flaps/ailerons. Dual controls/brake pedals, spring gear, Fife's wing tips with landing light covers, windshield.

I have the 1800 amphib float kit along with struts. I will not sell them separately. I have had many people ask me over the past couple of years if I would sell them, please don't ask unless you are wanting everything.

I also have another nearly complete Rebel that had flown 300 hrs before being damaged. (This Rebel has a Formula Power conversion Subaru engine which some people like but many dislike) I had originally planned on rebuilding this plane for my son, this was when I was quite active in anything mechanical. I talked to the original builder when I first bought the plane and he was pleased with the engine. Has the AirFlow performance (FI?) and this build was written up in Contact magazine many years ago. I have a lot of the parts to repair this plane including the hard to fabricate parts (bulk heads).

The only thing I am hesitant to sell are the floats.

I know I have a LOT of money invested in all this stuff and definitely will not recoup it but would like to get a fair price out of it.
Anyone have an idea of what type of value I should put on it?