Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Considering selling my Rebel kit and floats

General building discussions, not model specific.
WWhunter

Considering selling my Rebel kit and floats

Post by WWhunter » Mon May 06, 2013 6:59 pm

It is with a sad heart that I am even contemplating this but I think it is inevitable, I need to make up my mind to sell my Rebel stuff. Due to a medical issue that has gotten exceeding worse in the last few years I highly doubt I will ever be able to finish the build I have started. The bad days seem to number more than the good days and bending over/working at a workbench is NOT what I should be doing.:(

I have the Rebel kit with most options, actually I think I have all the options other than the split flaps/ailerons. Dual controls/brake pedals, spring gear, Fife's wing tips with landing light covers, windshield.

I have the 1800 amphib float kit along with struts. I will not sell them separately. I have had many people ask me over the past couple of years if I would sell them, please don't ask unless you are wanting everything.

I also have another nearly complete Rebel that had flown 300 hrs before being damaged. (This Rebel has a Formula Power conversion Subaru engine which some people like but many dislike) I had originally planned on rebuilding this plane for my son, this was when I was quite active in anything mechanical. I talked to the original builder when I first bought the plane and he was pleased with the engine. Has the AirFlow performance (FI?) and this build was written up in Contact magazine many years ago. I have a lot of the parts to repair this plane including the hard to fabricate parts (bulk heads).

The only thing I am hesitant to sell are the floats.

I know I have a LOT of money invested in all this stuff and definitely will not recoup it but would like to get a fair price out of it.
Anyone have an idea of what type of value I should put on it?