Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

CARS 602.12

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
CVDH

CARS 602.12

Post by CVDH » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:46 am

----- Original Message ----- From: CVDH (cvdh@mid.igs.net)
To: girardn@tc.gc.ca (girardn@tc.gc.ca)
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2001 1:31 PM
Subject: CARS 602.12

Reference cars 602.12

The way this regulation is written, I and numerous other pilots will not be able to land or take off anywhere in Canada where there is a structure or a person within 2000 feet.

As a pilot with over 600 hours flight time (250 or so in float planes) having landed my float plane at my residence on Midland Bay for the past 6 years without any complaints from ANYONE, you are now with the proposed regulation going to abitrarily curtail and jeapordize my safety by making me land in the middle of Midland Bay since I cannot be closer than 2000 ft. from habitation!!!!!

ALL safety statistics and published Canada Transport periodicals DO NOT support the need for CARS 602.1

Just because a certain politician wants to be nice to one of his constituents (and by the way, I happen to live in the same constituency) does not mean there is a safety issue.

I hope saner heads will prevail at Transport Canada to either trash this proposal, or to rewrite same in a practical and saner format to accomodate all stakeholders in Canada.

Yours truly

C Van Den Heuvel
21 Laurier road,
Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada