Do you want this big green box to go away? Well here's how...

Click here for full update

Wildcat! photo archives restored.

Click here for full update

Donors can now disable ads.

Click here for instructions

Add yourself to the user map.

Click here for instructions

Update from the Ramblers

Converted from Wildcat! database. (read only)
Jack Neima

Update from the Ramblers

Post by Jack Neima » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:45 am

Hi everyone!

Tuesday afternoon 5:30 local time in Winnipeg - Just got a call from Bob. Looks like my earlier prediction that they'd only get to NW Minnesota today was pretty close. There are in Thief River Falls, Minnesota at the Super 8 Motel. He says they're all having a great time, even though they're a little behind schedule. They got to TRF by mid afternoon and Bob says by the time he arrived some of the others were already tied down for the night. He thinks one aircraft (Stinson) has gone on to the border crossing at Piney.

They camped last night at Ashland, where he says they had a great visit, but I think most are planning to stay in the motel tonight as it will probably be wet overnight. He says they checked the weather radar and it looks pretty grim to the west, ruling out any plans for the Winkler BBQ. The forecast looks much better for the rest of the week though.

The plan for tomorrow is to head out early, cross the border at Piney, then on to Winkler by mid day. A quick stop in Winkler (where Lianne & I hope to join) and then on perhaps to Carlysle, Sask. for Wednesday night.

Cheers! Jack & Lianne Neima C-FPXK

Glyde Hone

Update from the Ramblers

Post by Glyde Hone » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:45 am

Just to say I really appreciate your very informative updates. My husband, Bill Hone, is on the tirp, and it is good to know where he is, and that all is well so quickly. I hope someone else will take over and do as well once you're enroute too. Thanks again.

glyde hone
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 6:42 PM
To: Rebel Ramble List
Subject: Update from the Ramblers

Hi everyone!

Tuesday afternoon 5:30 local time in Winnipeg - Just got a call from Bob. Looks like my earlier prediction that they'd only get to NW Minnesota today was pretty close. There are in Thief River Falls, Minnesota at the Super 8 Motel. He says they're all having a great time, even though they're a little behind schedule. They got to TRF by mid afternoon and Bob says by the time he arrived some of the others were already tied down for the night. He thinks one aircraft (Stinson) has gone on to the border crossing at Piney.

They camped last night at Ashland, where he says they had a great visit, but I think most are planning to stay in the motel tonight as it will probably be wet overnight. He says they checked the weather radar and it looks pretty grim to the west, ruling out any plans for the Winkler BBQ. The forecast looks much better for the rest of the week though.

The plan for tomorrow is to head out early, cross the border at Piney, then on to Winkler by mid day. A quick stop in Winkler (where Lianne & I hope to join) and then on perhaps to Carlysle, Sask. for Wednesday night.

Cheers! Jack & Lianne Neima C-FPXK